James Austin Overton
To produce clean, reusable, efficient code no matter the language and constantly expand on my knowledge of programming. To delivery high quality web applications.
- Over 10 years experience with computers and programming, 5 years freelance.
- Experienced in front-end and back-end web development, database design, CMS/E-commerce platforms and payment integration.
- Proficient in PHP/MySQL on a LAMP environment with OOP and MVC design patterns.
- Excellent self-motivated programmer with experience in all stages of development from conception to completion.
- Experience working in a team on multiple projects including game development and web applications.
- Constantly learning and experimenting with new technologies and languages. Enjoy programming as a profession and a hobby.
CodeIgniter/Laravel/Zend PHP MVC Frameworks, WordPress/Drupal/Magento, GIT/Subversion/Mercurial, Linux Command Line, Paypal/Authorize.Net/Stripe, Facebook/Twitter Connect, Google Maps API, XDebug, cPanel/WHM/phpMyAdmin, WAMP Server/Apache, FileZilla FTP, Notepad++/PHPStorm/Dreamweaver, Photoshop, FlashDevelop, Microsoft Visual Studio
- Freelance Web Consultant, 2009 – Present – Responsibilities include building, promoting and maintaining my portfolio of websites as well as client work involving planning, mock ups and web implementations.
- QuinnCom Web Design / Web Developer, March 2013 – September 2013 – Worked directly with clients, sales and project manager to build out custom websites with PHP, MySQL, WordPress and Joomla.
- Web Services, LLC / PHP Developer, May 2012 – December 2012 – Worked with CodeIgniter and Laravel PHP frameworks to deliver high quality, reliable web applications for high traffic local news stations. Also worked with Magento and WordPress for multiple clients ranging from clothing boutiques to credit unions.
- Stampede.It / Co-Founder, April 2011 – October 2011 – Responsibilities include front/back end development, server management and all technology related tasks.
- Valencia College / 2012 – Present – Working towards general associates before transferring to a 4 year university for Computer Science.
- Full Sail University / 2010 – 2011 – Took classes in C++, Data Structures, 2D/3D Game Development, OpenGL/DirectX, Software Engineering/Architecture